Remote Location Filing (RLF) is a relatively new program offered by Customs that enables Uniway Customs Services Inc. to electronically file Customs clearance on behalf of our customers in ports other than where we are domiciled. As a result, our customers benefit from consistent and uniform entry processing, which can reduce overall costs.
· Provides one point of contact
· Simplifies Customs record keeping
· Improves compliance with Customs matters
· Reduces Customs entry transaction fees
· Reduces clearance time through Customs
· Provides for more consistent cargo processing
· Cuts communication costs
· Reduces courier expenses
Remote Location Filing is simple.
Uniway will transmit to ABI all appropriate electronic information including special requirements relating to the Customs approved RLF port of entry. Once the RLF entry is transmitted, we will receive the essential electronic releases from Customs as well as other government agencies. In essence, our customers have access to their cargo, in many instances, a week earlier than cargo processed by traditional methods.